Changing Diapers: the Hip Mom's Guide to Modern Cloth Diapering

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Shop Local: Jack's Choice

This is a new series about our local cloth diaper shops. Each week, we will feature two local shops! You will learn where they are located and all about their products. For more information about our local cloth diaper community, please visit our website!


Jack's Choice is one of our newest local shops.  They are located near Denton.  They are still in their start up phases, and adding more products!  Jack's Choice currently sells cloth diapers, amber necklaces, and adorable crocheted hats!  They would love to feature WAHM's, so if you are interested in partnering, email jackschoice@live.com for more info!

You can find Fuzzibunz and Rumparooz at Jack's Choice.  They also offer a rainbow of Baltic Sea Amber Necklaces!  You can find adorable crocheted hats, made by ABChic Designs. 

Staci, the owner, is very helpful if you are new to cloth diapers!  She is one of our wonderful members and wants to help others make the switch to real diapers.  I asked her why she started her own shop, and rather than summing up what she told me, I will just let her explain:

I figured out when my son was born that I was a lot "crunchier" than I ever thought I would be. When I first started cloth diapering, I started learning as much as I possibly could about it. Though I don't use all kinds of natural products myself, I see the benefits. I also see a need in my area. I've lived in Denton or the Denton area for about 10 years. There are lots of "crunchy" people here, and no stores for this sort of stuff. So, I'd been thinking about it for awhile. I guess I started to freak out one day because I can't find a "real" job to save my life, and what if something happened to my husband? I wouldn't be able to feed my son. In this economy they're saying entrepreneurship is the key. I figured it was now or never. I know it'll take awhile for it to really grow and take off. I do hope to eventually be a brick and mortar store in Denton someday. This is my dream!


Have you shopped with Jack's Choice?  Please share your experience in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment