Changing Diapers: the Hip Mom's Guide to Modern Cloth Diapering

Monday, March 21, 2011

DFW Cloth Diaper Group

Welcome to our new blog! 

As some of you may know, I started this group in August 2010.  I was mostly interested in meeting a few local families who also use cloth diapers.  I started a page on Facebook, and set up our first meeting. 

Only one mama showed up with her little one.  I was just happy someone showed up!  Over the next couple of months, it was just me and my boys at the meet-ups.  I was slightly disappointed, since the Facebook group was slowly growing, but the monthly meet ups were not.  But in January, we hit 100 members (yay!).  I changed the day to a Friday, instead of Saturday.  We had about 15 show up!!  I was thrilled, and a bit overwhelmed. 

February, we hit 200 members, only a few weeks after reaching 100.  And now, in March, we have 344 members!!!  The Facebook page has become very active, with members helping each other out and sharing their CD experience.  We also now have our own website, with general CD information, and also our local group info.

The DFW Cloth Diaper Group is also co-hosting the Great Cloth Diaper Change (with Baby Rear Gear of Arlington).  We are participating in a world-wide event to set the Guinness World Record(tm) for the most simultaneous cloth diaper changes!  The event will take place on April 23, at 10am (CDT).  Details for our local event can be found here.

All that leads us here, to this blog.  I decided a blog would be a great way to hear local moms experience in cloth diapers.  We may occassionally stray from CD's and discuss other natural parenting topics, but it will be mostly about CD's.  We already have the first few contributers lined up!  Our first topic will be Getting Started, which I thought was appropriate as we start this blog.


Brenda is mommy to 2 boys, ages 3.5 years & 16 months.  She started using cloth diapers when her youngest was 2 months and her oldest was 2.5 years.  She founded the DFW Cloth Diaper Group in August 2010 to meet local CDing families, and to help those interested in CD's get started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment